Reminder the WiRSA Conference is this week! If you haven’t already registered for the Conference, there is still time to do so!
I also encourage you to attend the Product Fair on Tuesday afternoon beginning with the Welcome at 3:45 followed by three 45 minute-vendor presentations. Each session will have four vendors to choose from. Presenting Vendors are: PMA, Wisconsin Digital Collaborative, Siemans Industrial, Forecast5, Imagine Learning, ACT, Horace Mann, National Insurance, Academic Tutoring Centers, School Improvement Network and Focus on Energy. If you haven’t already registered for this event, please feel free to stop in and listen.
Finally, I invite all conference registrants to attend the Welcome Reception hosted by Forecast5 and PMA starting at 6:30 on Tuesday evening. This is a great networking opportunity.
This year’s conference is Rural Schools – Creative Best Practice. Please join us and the many great rural educators and educational leaders from across Wisconsin in Stevens Point on November 9-10 at the Holiday Inn.
WiRSA Conference Product Fair and Welcome Reception Reminder:
This year we will be hosting a Pre-Conference Product Fair to conference registrants at no additional cost. The Product Fair will begin on Tuesday, November 8 with registration beginning at 3:30, Welcome at 3:45 followed by three 45 minute sessions for vendor presentations. Each session will have four vendors to choose from. The vendors that are committed at this point to present are PMA, Wisconsin Digital Collaborative, Siemans Industrial, Forecast 5, Imagine Learning, ACT, Horace Mann, National Insurance, Academic Tutoring Centers, School Improvement Network and Focus on Energy.
To Register for the Product Fair, go to CESA 5 myquickreg.com
- Login or Register,
- Select all events,
- Select November on the calendar,
- Select Nov. 8 WiRSA Pre-conference Sponsor/Vendor Product Fair.
- Remember, this is a free event.
Forecast 5 and PMA will be hosting a Welcome Reception for all registrants beginning at 6:30 at the Holiday Inn on November 8.
WiRSA Annual Meeting:
The 2016–17 WiRSA Annual Meeting will be held after the WiRSA Conference held at the Holiday Inn in Stevens Point, Thursday Nov. 10, beginning at 1:50 pm. All members are encouraged to attend.
1. Call to Order – Jeremy Biehl, President
2. Member Sign-In Roll Call
3. Minutes of the 2015 Annual Meeting
4. Treasurer’s Report – 15-16 Audited Report and 16-17 Budget
5. Distribution of Bylaws
– Membership – Sec. 2, 2.2.4 Grad. Student Membership – $25?
– Election Process – Sec. 3 – 3.3, 3.3.2, 3.3.4 Voting Rights
– Board of Directors – Article 2 Sec. 1-3 – request to add retired administrator
6. Executive Director Report
7. Membership Input on Future Activities of the Organization
School Referendums are Exploding:
The dramatic increase in referendum amounts has two root causes: First, in 2011 state lawmakers significantly reduced state support for public schools and limited the amount of money school districts could spend on each student. Since then, lawmakers have allowed either small or no increases in the caps they impose on school district budgets, making it difficult for school districts to absorb rising costs without reducing classroom resources. See related article
Director Events from Last Week:
-October 31, WPR Interview on Central Time
-November 2, WASDA Regional Mtg., Richland Center
-November 4, CESA 10 PAC
Director Events for the Upcoming Week:
-November 7, Ed Issues Conference Call
-November 8-10, WiRSA Conference – Annual Meeting and Board of Directors Meeting
-November 11, ESSA Update Conference Call
Resources and Grant/Scholarship Reminders:
– School Funding Reform for Wisconsin
– ESEA Information and more here.
– ESSA Overview Video – Narrated PowerPoint – This information is also available off the ESEA web page on the DPI site.
– Into the Outdoors – Free Classroom Resources
– Meemic Foundation Grants for Teachers
Have a great week.