Thank you to our Sponsors: UW-Oshkosh, National Insurance Services, Culver’s VIP Foundation, Farmers Union, CESA Foundation, Forecast5, PMA, Meemic, Ehlers, Jostens and WEA Members Benefits.
I hope you enjoyed the pleasant weather over the weekend. Second semester is moving along and Spring is in the air. I would like to wish your Juniors good luck as they prepare to take the ACT. I also want to congratulate member schools for their winter sport success and continued success as many teams are still moving forward in the WIAA State Tournament Series.
Welcome: I want to extend a warm WiRSA welcome to Todd Felhofer and the Greenwood School District. We look forward to working with Greenwood now and into the future.
Thank You: I want to say thank you to the Eau Claire County Farmers Union and Democrats for inviting me to speak at their meeting last Thursday in Augusta. It was a very productive meeting of which resulted in many good ideas.
WiRSA Facebook Contributions – I am asking for your help in making our Facebook Page more relevant. Please share exciting events and programs that are occurring in your schools. I will then post them on our Facebook page to better share and promote the great things that are happening in rural schools.
Good Article from WPEN in regards to SB 615/AB 751 Amendment 3.
Events from this Past Week:
- Feb 22: Educational Issues Weekly Conference call
- Feb 23: Wisconsin Digital Learning Conference in Wisconsin Dells
- Feb 25: Augusta – Meeting with Eau Claire County Farmers Union and Democrats
Events for the Upcoming Week:
- Feb 29: Educational Issues Weekly Conference Call
- March 1: Participating in local Crime and Punishment discussion
- March 3: Senate Education Committee Hearing:
AB 734 (Career/Workforce Pilot)
AB 722 (School Acc. Reporting)
AB 824 (Sparsity Aid)
Senate Committee on Universities and Technical Colleges
SB 703 (Teacher Loan)
- March 4: Presenting at CESA 10 PAC
- Resources and Grant/Scholarship Reminders:
- USDA’s RUS Distance Learning and Telemedicine Program (March 14 Deadline)
- Monsanto Fund – Farmers Grow Rural Education (Jan 1, 2016 to April 1, 2016)
- 2016 Conference Save the Date: November 9-10 in Stevens Point.
- ESEA Information
- Into the Outdoors – Free Classroom Resources
- NREA Essay Contest (April 1)
- Meemic Foundation Grants for Teachers
Have a great week.